Statement of Commitment to Accessibility
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. understands that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance by incorporating accessibility legislation into our policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
AODA – Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Policy
This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, applies to the provision of goods and services to the public or other third parties, not to the goods themselves.
All goods and services provided by Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. shall follow the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07, our policy addresses the following:
- The Provision of Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality;
- Allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services; and
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer’s disability.
- The Use of Assistive Devices
Customer’s Own Assistive Device(s)
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be used to ensure the access of goods and services. For example, open flames and oxygen tanks cannot be near one another. Therefore, the accommodation of a customer with an oxygen tank may involve ensuring the customer is in a location that would be considered safe for both the customer and business. Or, where elevators are not present and where an individual requires assistive devices for the purposes of mobility, service will be provided in a location that meets the needs of the customer.
- Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs
A customer with a disability that is accompanied by guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to premises that are open to the public unless otherwise excluded by law. “No pet” policies do not apply to guide dogs, service animals and/or service dogs.
Recognizing a Guide Dog, Service Dog and/or Service Animal:
If it is not readily apparent that the animal is being used by the customer for reasons relating to his or her disability, Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. may request verification from the customer.
Verification may include:
- A letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons related to the disability;
- A valid identification card signed by the Attorney General of Canada; or,
- A certificate of training from a recognized guide dog or service animal training school.
Care and Control of the Animal:
The customer that is accompanied by a guide dog, service dog and/or service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all time.
If a health and safety concern presents itself for example in the form of a severe allergy to the animal, Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. will make all reasonable efforts to meet the needs of all individuals.
- The Use of Support Persons
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer is not prevented from having access to the support person.
There may be times where seating and availability prevent the customer and support person from sitting beside each other. In these situations Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. will make every reasonable attempt to resolve the issue.
In situations where confidential information might be discussed, consent will be obtained from the customer, prior to any conversation where confidential information might be discussed.
- Notice of Disruptions in Service
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customer’s with disabilities rely on to access or use Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc.’s goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
Notifications will include:
In the event that a notification needs to be posted the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable;
- Reason for the disruption;
- Anticipated duration; and
- A description of alternative services or options.
When disruptions occur Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. will provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. website;
- contacting customers with appointments;
- verbally notifying customers when they are making a reservation or appointment; or
- by any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
- Customer Feedback
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. shall provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the service provided to customers with disabilities. Information about the feedback process will be readily available to all customers and notice of the process will be made available. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email), will be available upon request.
Customers can submit feedback to:
226-289-2975 ext. 206
980 Juliana Drive, Woodstock, ON N4V 1B9
Customers who wish to provide feedback by completing an onsite customer feedback form or verbally can do so by speaking with Reception at any Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. location.
Customers that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Training will be provided to:
- All employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc.; for example: salespersons, drivers, templaters, and installers; and
- Those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
As reflected in Ontario Regulation 429/07, regardless of the format, training will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who:
- use assistive devices;
- require the assistance of a guide dog, service dog or other service animal; or
- require the use of a support person (including the handling of admission fees).
- Instructions on how to use equipment or devices that are available at our premises or that we provide that may help people with disabilities.
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing your services.
- Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc.’s policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
- Notice of Availability and Format of Documents
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. shall notify customers that the documents related to the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the customer’s disability. Notification will be given by posting the information in a conspicuous place owned and operated by Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc., their website and/or any other reasonable method.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or its related procedures please contact us.
Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. Multi – Year Accessibility Plan is available HERE.